Join in and help the media collective– in Alice Springs or remotely
Proposal for media structure for #ClosePineGap
Alice Springs Media Collective
- whoever on the ground that wants to participate that has been vouched for. Ideally representatives of the various groups and collectives.
- meets daily to direct the media and messaging for the day.
Alice Springs Live Media Center
- creating space for geeks, photographers, journalists, artists, media makers etc
Alice Springs Live Social Media team
- contributing to the social event swarm and helping other participants use social media
- uploading media to mediafire
Remote Social Media Team
- supporting the on the ground team remixing media, supporting the messaging and memes
Traditional Media Team
- Press releases
- Media wrangling
- Creating artwork and meme templates
- remixing live media published on mediafire using graphics and templates
- adding/managing media, updates, releases and news
- Adding one or two updates per day
- participating in conversation
Twitter: @ClosePineGap | #ClosePineGap
- Retweet participants work
- Post media, updates, releases and news
- participating in conversation
Control of Social Media Sites
- There must be at least 3 with admin access at all times.
- The admins must be decided by group consensus.
- Passwords shared securely
- Access List To be confirmed
Social Media Authors
- All people given access to publish (Authors) via any of our digital accounts must read and agree to follow our content guidelines
- Authors access must be vouched by at least two admins
- An Admin is required to review an authors communication for a period of time until it is established they understand what they are doing and are following the content guidelines.
Social Media Content Guidelines
- Keep on topic. Gain a second admin support to publish posts not directly related
- Prioritise local actions and events
- Only Non-violent language, framing and imagery. Avoid aggressive or attacking or angry language.
- If you are in an angry mood, Gain a second admin opinion on your posts before publishing
- No criticism of any organisation, people, actions without consensus
- Controversial content needs support of all admins or goes to group consensus
- NO NO NO! posting whilst drunk or intoxicated
- response – guidelines for trolls, how to respond to comments on posts
- messages – checking and responding to FB messages etc
- Strategy for dealing with negative attacks from locals (media and trolls)
Media organising tools
Media Mail List: email@example.com
- discussion of media in leadup to event. will be replaced by Secret facebook event
Media – Secret Facebook Group
- to be setup
- for media partipants to discuss media to replace the email list
- upload media from the ground. This allows direct access to the remote teams: Social, Graphics and remix
- shortlists of media (photos and video) to release for journalists and remote supporters
- contains contacts and twitter lists
- ask for access
- Extended Doc – Ask for access
- condensed version to be published to this site
Online Supporter Information pack
- guide on how individuals and organisations can help us here:
- We have setup a ClosePineGap Mediafire to share photos
- Need to building a library of images that we have permission to use. This allows us to quickly make memes.
- Activist Media Guides – Managing media for actions and building campaigns – Inc Photography, Video, Social Media, Events
- Digital Security for Everyone – This guide is designed for non-technical people with the aim of increasing security across our whole community.
- Ask for access